Sunday, May 2, 2010

My fatties!

fat·tie
[fat-ee]plural -ties.
1. A round fat animal done in cutesy, cartooney form, usually birds.


2. Lori's obsession since the fall of 2009.

All jokes aside from "my imaginary dictionary", I have to say, fatties have taken over my life... or just my spare time. :-P

I conjured these little guys up last year while experimenting with scrapbooking. I tried my hand at paper collage and whatnot and produced the beginnings of the "fatties" I make today. I guess you can say over the last year they have been evolving into something so cute that I can barely stand it. Barely. ;-)

This week I tried doing some fattie drawings in watercolors and here is what came of them!

This one I decided to ink them, and I really liked how they were looking. They had the soft delicate colors that came from the paint, but I found with the ink, it made it much more simple.

I am also an avid Facebook nut, and yesterday I decided to ask friends and family to help a gal out. I would create a personalized fattie avatar for them, in exchange for some "free advertising" to spread the word of this new blog and my site as well. I knew they would do it anyhow, but I am grateful nonetheless. I seriously have THE coolest friends and family, and got to create a whack of awesome little fatties yesterday. Here are some of them. :-)

Anyhow, I have a new pencil portrait to do this week that I can't wait to get started on. So be prepared to see something completely different! Story of my life! :-)

Lori


10 comments:

  1. I didn't not realize that the Faties have been around since 2009.
    What do you mean when you say ink? Like pen ink or something else?
    I love the board with all the faties super cute! You can have a whole community of them.
    I hope you are happy I now I have a new addition (Blogging)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally happy, Sabrina! :-D And yes, I have ink pens I use for my illustrations that I used for outlining the fatties. I MAY try and get me a set of colored ink pens for outlining them too. I think that would look really neat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See I have so much to learn from you. And look I am even here before I head out to work this is nuts! (But in a good way)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, what happened to my comment? Oh wait, that's on your other site :D
    Ha ha, now I'm thinking of changing the insignia of Little Crow Talkin' to a fattie crow! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nadia I would be SOOO down with that! :-D And yeah the old blog on my website I ended up taking down... since I had like, 3 posts in 3 years. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea, well done as always and thanks for ours:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback and comments! :-D

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Directed here by Matt and Virginia, and just wanted to tell you that your fatties are freakin' adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well thanks Caela! I aim to please. :-D

    ReplyDelete