Friday, May 28, 2010

Salmon Bay.

I did a commission for a woman from back home who grew up in this particular place called Salmon Bay. This is the third painting I've done of Salmon Bay Stage Heads (The fishing huts you see here), and it's quite the place for inspiration. I will be heading there this summer when I am home painting.

This is my regular way of painting you could say. I am much more used to acrylic paints on canvas than any other medium, I like the bold intense colors I get from the paint. :-)

Lori

6 comments:

  1. Wow Lori! You sure can handle a brush and acrylics! This is fantastic! At first click... I thought it was a photo. Hey thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for your show and workshop! Roxanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! We used acrylics mostly in College and University, so It's what I'm used to for sure. :-)

    Thanks Roxanne! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the richness of your colors! I've been to Cape Breton but never as far as Newfoundland, hope to some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo Cape Breton is a treat for sure. If you liked it there then you would love it here. There is such great history here in Newfoundland and Labrador. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! Like Jane, I'm loving the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete