Monday, October 4, 2010

Illustration Friday: Beneath

Ok so... WHOS in a Halloween mood? I AM! I ALWAYS AM! :-D

Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday, even though it technically isn't one. But I get soooo excited everyyear to see all the decorations, and the costumes, and the SCARINESS of everything! I really do try and go out of my way to do more tricking than treating. ;-)

Anyhoo, this weeks theme for Illustration Friday was "Beneath", so I went with a Halloween theme. (Hence all my previous excitement!) You never know whats lurking beneath during Halloween time. Be sure to stay tuned for more scary themed doodles this month. I swear to GOD I'll turn every IF theme into something scary. ;-D

Lori

15 comments:

  1. Love this. Like the waffle iron texture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am trying to feel terrorized, but I can't... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween is my favorite too.
    I really like your illustration, its very cute but with a little twist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, such a cute little owl! I like how it looks like the skull is returning the owl's gaze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe! Wellll... Ok its not exactly the SCARIEST thing, but cute still i hope. :-P Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the expressions ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cool - the owl is so cute! Is it watercolour?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it is! I just started water-coloring this spring. I still have a way to go yet... it is such a different medium than what I'm used to, but I love the texture and color it gives. :-) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I can't believe you just started with watercolor, this is great! I just started recently too. I love the textures and the clean lines. I also really like that it looks like you only used watercolor and no pen outlines! Great illo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww THANK you Christie! I have thought about getting some pens for outlining though. Have you tried it? I love the outlined look around watercolors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! You have a really nice style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, thank you so much! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do use outlines w/ my watercolor. I use sepia and or black micron pens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never tried the sepia Microns! I should check it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete