Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So. Many. OWLS.

Ok SO... I love owls, always have. Especially back home during the winter months at my parents winter cabin in the northern woods. There would always be little Boreal owls hanging out in the trees around the cabin, and they are ADORABLE. Just look! LOOK! LOOK AT IT!! ARGH! :-D


This photo is by Jean Chateauvert, a fellow Quebeccer, and a great bird photographer! (Check him out to see the wide variety of bird species we get back home. AMAZING.)

Anyhoo, last week I got back into painting rocks again. My hubby and I had decided to set up a table at the local flea market here so I decided to make some Owl fattie magnets to sell. I had made a few owl magnets this summer when I was home and thought they looked awfully cute. Also if any of you read my rock painting blog, I painted a bunch of owl rocks amongst other animals. So I decided to paint a bunch more as well. I painted one yesterday, showed it to my best bud who immediately wanted it. Good grief. :-P

Anyhoo, here are a few of the owl fattie magnets AND the Owl rock I painted yesterday. I really love making these, they are relatively quick to do, they are beautiful sea rocks from here in Newfoundland, and they make me happy painting them! I think thats worth pursuing don't you? Why not try it out yourself! My rock painting workshops were super fun this summer, kids and adults alike can really enjoy this. :-)

Enjoy!
Lori

31 comments:

  1. Dear Lori,
    I can't remeber that I have seen so very beautiful stones :-) Thank you for sharing.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate that! (And sorry for replying to late! YIKES! :-)

      Delete
  2. How much will you be selling them for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable rocks. I love your owls!!! They would look so cute in a big bowl! are you selling them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am selling these yes. Not sure of the price yet, but i will have a website up and running soon so that online purchasing can happen. The big one is already sold though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE TURQUOISE AND BROWN ONE IS MINE - MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
    I love it so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are soooo cute!! That owl photo is just amazing. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lesley! Thanks for stopping by, as well! :-D

    And Marie-eve? You are SUCH a dork, and I love it. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good thing I was home alone when I saw this--I squeed so loud, it's embarrassing.

    Also, now the cats are looking at me funny. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caela you are too funny. I always make intentionally high pitched noises around cats... for some reason I get the urge to squeal "KITTTYYYY!!!" really loudly. It's amazing how fast they run! :-D I LOVE cats! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are sooooo cute!!! I wish I could lay my hands on one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those magnets are so cute. Can you make me some??? I would be more than happy to buy a set of 6-8. Also, I love that you love squealing at cats! :D Facebook me about the magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, post to my facebook when the magnets are up for sale, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI, I love your works, I'm also an artist from HK, you drew owls, I draw rabbits, I will post them on my blog later, welcome to vist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you etta! I will check them out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are adorable and so doable Lori..Thanks for Sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Lori

    OMG!!! This is too cool...so many cute n adorable 'owls'...lovely:)

    Cheers!
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so beautiful. Do you sell any where on-line?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like this creative creatures

    http://happytoinspire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. These rocks are very charming and delightful. Beautiful and wonderfully detailed work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! amazing! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you still selling these little ones? I'd love to get prices for a group I am in that is called OWLs. They would make awesome gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you! But these have been sold, and I currently have no more in stock. I will be making more this fall though, so stay tuned! :-)

      Delete
  22. Love the painted owls I work with students in a program where they would love doing these or something close for their remembrance bags.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Are you still selling these? I would like to buy some. How much are they?

    Thanks, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa! Mommyhood has sort of put me out of commission for a little bit. But I will try to get more painted this fall/winter and up on my website to sell. Prices vary on size and complexity. Thanks for your interest! I will post when I have more to sell. Thanks! :-)

      Delete