Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Seaglass!

My hubby's Uncle Harry dropped off about a half a tonne of seaglass, rocks, and ceramic pieces that he has been collecting over the past few years while walking the beaches of Trout River, Newfoundland. Some of you may know that my husband Dane, and I have been making seaglass jewelery and items for the past 5 years or so. Now that we are situated here long term, we hope to make more out of this hobby. Uncle Harry's delivery will be keeping us busy in between projects for sure. :-P

Here are some of the cooler pieces we found amongst the lot, along with the more common colors. So Pretty!

Enjoy!

Lori

Heart shaped seaglass is always a treat to find! :-)

So many new and beautiful colors for our collection!

Marbles!! A seaglass collectors ultimate prize! :-D

Some gorgeous ceramic pieces as well.

Kelly Green seaglass.

"Milk glass" seaglass.

Cobalt Blue seaglass.

Frosty White seaglass.

Brown and Amber seaglass.


Sea foam seaglass.

5 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! How many years was he collecting? That's a whole lot of glass!! I'm jealous :)
    I wish I was there to have helped sort it, it would have been so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! Thanks! :-)

    Bronte, he has been collecting this for maybe 3 summers now? Not too sure. But it was super fun sorting it out. Each new container I couldn't wait to open and see anything new. I have all the finger nail polish scraped off my index finger on my right hand from picking up the pieces. Hehehe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok first you had me drooling at cupcakes and now this?!? come on LL! You're killin me over here!

    ;P I'm so incredibly jealous it's not even funny, when do you think some of these will be available in your shop? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Annie, yer too cute! :-P I'm tellin' you, ya need to get up here for a visit! Also so we can visit Bread and Cheese together. Bwahaha! :-D

    They should be up within the next two weeks or so. Theres a festival here on May the 21st so I am making a bunch of things for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete