Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sea Pottery Painted Brooches

Here is a new item to be sold on my hubby and I's craft site soon! These are hand painted brooches made from shore washed pottery, a lot like seaglass but pottery! We get a lot of smooth pottery shards with beautiful designs on them already; those I don't paint. These (and we have a LOT of them) are plain pottery pieces. I was wondering what to do with them, so last fall we came up with pendants and earrings which I have previously posted about here, but this spring I tried my hand at making brooches with them, since they are coming back into style. Here are a few I did this past week (During baby's naps of course, hehe!) Tell me what you think? Always love to know. :-)

Enjoy!
Lori




5 comments:

  1. So stinking cute. I love them! I think my faves are the fox, and the jelly fish. How much are you selling them for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will retail around $15. Thanks hun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely. My faves are the owls, blue feather, and the toadstools. What do you paint and seal them with? I always wondered about sea pottery, whether you'd have to do anything special to 'fix' the colour and make it waterproof.
    Arlene :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely owls!
    Ada.


    http://adaro67.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete