Friday, April 26, 2013

Decorating with Paper!

I finally get to show you what I did with my little guys room. Here are a few of the things I've done, and were done for me to create his owl-inspired nursery.

First off, here is a small paper collage that I created to go inside as the face for a clock that was given to me for Clark at my baby shower. The original face of the clock had a badly drawn hippo, and it kinda clashed with the owl theme. SO... I took the paper face out, made a template on some scrapbooking paper, and did a little Daddy owl and baby flying a kite together! Cute right? You can totally do this with any old or cheap clock that needs a facelift. (*Snorts* Get it? Facelift! :-D)


Here are a few shadow boxes I had floating around that I picked up at the Dollar Store a few summers ago. So I made an "ABC" set of 3 paper collages to go above Clark's dresser.


Here is the artwork that I made to go over Clark's crib. I saw this idea on Martha Stewart and had to try it for myself. I used scrapbook paper and mod podge to plaster it to the pieces of plywood that I had my father cut for me. I would like to try making more of these in the future. :-)


Annnnd last but not least, here is the baby blanket that my Aunt Eva made for his crib. She used one of my paper collages as the pattern. Isn't it gorgeous? I really need to learn how to sew.


Enjoy!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment